Special Deliveries is a program for Platte County expectant parents, sponsored by the State of Missouri’s Community-Based Home Visiting Program. The program runs from the time of pregnancy until your child’s second birthday. Family Support Workers, Social Workers and/or Nurses from the Platte County Health Department will provide education, support and community referrals based on the needs of your family.
- Your child’s health and health promotion
- Healthy family lifestyles
- Stress reduction and problem solving skills
- Increase the percentage of healthy babies and pregnancies
- Increase the percent of positive birth outcomes
- Decrease infant mortality rate
- Promote healthy growth and development of infants and children
- Educate and promote healthy family lifestyles
- Increase family knowledge of community based services
- Decrease the unwanted pregnancy rates
- Decrease the incidence of family violence
We want you to be an active participant in Special Deliveries so you can have a healthy pregnancy and safe environment for your baby.
All we ask is that you:
- Keep scheduled visits with your Family Support Worker (your Family Support Worker will be provided to you through the Special Deliveries program.)
- Engage in open and honest communication
In return for your participation, we give you… FREEBIES*!
*While supplies last.
- Books: What to Expect when You’re Expecting and What to Expect Your Child’s First Year
- A “Goodie Bag” for Mom after Delivery
- Bathtub water temperature tester
If you are with a hospital or medical facility wanting to refer a client, please complete the Special Deliveries Referral Form. Fax the completed form to the Platte County Family Support Worker at (816) 858-2087. If you prefer to email the completed form, please scan it and send it as an attachment to [email protected].
For more information contact our Family Support Worker at (816) 935-4094.