Protecting Your Health: Public Health Clinic Services
All services require an appointment.
Public Health Clinic Services include:
- Off-site Clinics - Request a clinic at your organization!
- Immunizations (more information below)
- Tuberculosis skin tests - $13
- Tuberculosis Quantiferon Gold Blood Testing - $65
- Confidential pregnancy tests - $8
- Lead screening for children 6 mos. to 6 years - FREE for Platte County residents!
- FREE Blood pressure checks!
- FREE Head lice checks!
- FREE Hepatitis C testing!
- Confidential *STD testing
- Gonorrhea and Chlamydia - $15
- HIV and Syphilis - $15
- Herpes $37
- On Fridays, by Appointment, we now offer Platte County residents FREE Testing for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, HIV, and Syphilis!
Anyone who is sexually active can get gonorrhea and chlamydia and most persons that are infected do not have any symptoms. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that individuals, aged 13-64 get tested for HIV once in their lifetime and those with risk factors (unprotected sex, needle sharing, multiple partners) get tested more frequently. Sexually transmitted diseases are just infections and they infect people regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Both gonorrhea and chlamydia can be cured with the right medication, but they can cause serious health conditions in men and women if not treated. If not treated, these infections can make it difficult for a woman to get pregnant.
Persons that come to our clinic for testing will be counseled on the importance of preventing STD infections by decreasing the risk factors in their lives. All services are confidential.
We carry Vaccines for Children (VFC), vaccines for the uninsured and underinsured, vaccines for purchase and we accept most major insurances. Please note that VFC does have an administration fee of $10 for non Medicaid clients.
Through the 317 publicly funded program, we can vaccinate adults who meet the following criteria with free vaccines:
- Underinsured - insurance that does not pay for immunizations (all or some) or has a fixed dollar limit or cap for immunization coverage (does not include those with high or unmet deductibles)
Please note: not all vaccines are available through 317 and there is a $10 administration fee.
Immunization Record required at each visit.
Vaccines available for children:
- Routine childhood immunizations
- Hepatitis A
- Flu shots
Adult Immunizations By Appointment
Adult and International Travel Vaccinations available:
- Flu shots
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- MMR (Pregnancy test may be required at additional cost of $8)
- Tetanus & Diphtheria
- Varicella (Pregnancy test may be required at additional cost of $8)
- Yellow Fever* OUT OF STOCK
- Anyone 60 years or over must provide a Doctor's Order to receive Yellow Fever Vaccination
*These travel vaccines are available at the Parkville office only. Also, visit CDC's website to find out exactly which vaccinations are needed for your trip.
Check out this Immunization website tailored to parents, schools, childcare facilities, healthcare professionals and other consumers