The Platte County Health Department is a local public health department created to protect the health of all people in Platte County. This is done through various programs and services. The health department is governed by a five-member elected board of trustees that meets monthly. The health department is funded through a tax levy, which provides more than 60 percent of the department's revenue. Other funding sources include contractual agreements and grants.
The mission of the Platte County Health Department is to ensure conditions that promote and protect health and equity, prevent disease and improve the quality, safety and length of life of all who live, work and play in Platte County.
Platte County Health Department will be at the forefront in leading, collaborating and succeeding in making Platte County the healthiest county in Missouri.
- Health Equity - We strive for all individuals and communities to have equal opportunity for health and wellness.
- Integration - We understand health as an integrated, complex, dynamic state of being and we strive for an integrated approach in all that we do.
- Partnerships - We collaborate with our many partners as necessary to achieve our goals and vision, which are shared by many in our county.
- Quality of Service - We are committed to the highest quality in all of our services.
- Transparency - We believe that we must be transparent in our processes and decisions and accountable to those we serve.
- Evidence-Based Practices - We believe that data about real outcomes inform our practice and we build on demonstrated success.
- Innovation - We strive to create a culture of creativity among our staff and encourage innovation in partnership with other organizations and within the community.