Platte County BUCKLE UP KIDS Car Seat Program
Posted on Thursday September 10, 2015
The Platte County Buckle Up Kids car seat program is a collaboration between the Platte County Health Department (PCHD), Central Platte Fire Protection District (CPFPD), Northland Regional Ambulance District (NRAD), and Southern Platte Fire Protection District (SPFPD). The program is funded by a grant through the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT).
We want all children to travel safely in cars. Correctly installing car seats for children can be a challenge. CPFPD, NRAD, and SPFPD have certified car seat installers on staff. Parents and caregivers can receive free hands-on help to learn how to properly install their car seat. Platte County residents may qualify for a free car seat if income guidelines are met. Please complete an application here or phone (816) 935-4094.
Following are program guidelines:
- CPFPD, NRAD, and SPFPD all offer car seat installations by appointment at their stations, which are at the following locations:
- CPFPD, 201 Main Street, Platte City, MO 64079
- NRAD, 1000 Platte Falls Road, Platte City, MO 64079
- SPFPD, 8795 NW N Highway, Kansas City, MO 64153
- Please complete an application here or phone (816) 935-4094.
- Please try to bring your child with you to the installation. If you're unable to do so, please know your child's height and weight.
- Parents and caregivers will be asked to complete a form and liability waiver prior to the car seat installation.
- Car seat installation is interactive and takes approximately 30 minutes.
CPFPD, NRAD and SPFPD will be offering the Platte County Buckle up Kids car seat program at various community events throughout the year. Below are regularly scheduled events. Please check back for updated events.
On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM, CPFPD and NRAD will host regularly scheduled installation/inspection events open to the community. These events will be at CPFPD's fire station located at 201 Main Street in Platte City. Appointments are requested prior to the event. Please complete an application here or phone (816) 935-4094.
Platte County Buckle Up Kids' first community event is scheduled for Saturday, September 19, 2015 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM at CPFPD's fire station, located at 201 Main Street in Platte City. CPFPD and NRAD will have certified car seat installers on-site. Residents may take advantage of this event to make sure their current car seat is properly installed and being used correctly. Platte County residents meeting specific income criteria may qualify for a car seat at no cost. Appointments are not required, but are recommended if applying for a car seat. Please call (816) 935-4094 for more information or click here for a car seat application.
For more information about care seat safety, please visit safercar.gov.