The Walk-in Clinic services include:
- Lead screening for children 6 months to 6 years
- Blood pressure
- Tuberculosis skin tests
- Head lice checks
- Confidential pregnancy tests
- Confidential *STD testing
*All Walk In STD clients may receive testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV & Syphilis only. All clients must present with a valid Missouri Driver's License or proof of Missouri residency. Please call for more questions/details. Check out the CDC's website regarding information on all types of STD's.
Be STD Aware!
Anyone who is sexually active can get gonorrhea and chlamydia and most persons that are infected do not have any symptoms. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that individuals, aged 13-64 get tested for HIV once in their lifetime and those with risk factors (unprotected sex, needle sharing, multiple partners) get tested more frequently. Sexually transmitted diseases are just infections and they infect people regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. Both gonorrhea and chlamydia can be cured with the right medication, but they can cause serious health conditions in men and women if not treated. If not treated, these infections can make it difficult for a woman to get pregnant.
Persons that come to our clinic for testing will be counseled on the importance of preventing STD infections by decreasing the risk factors in their lives. All services are confidential.
To guard your child’s health, the Platte County Health Department offers a comprehensive immunization program. Immunization Record Required at each visit.
- Infant and toddler immunizations
- Pre-school and school immunizations
- Vaccines for children, including:
- Routine childhood immunizations
- Prevnar (for infants)
- Children’s Hepatitis A vaccine
- Flu shots (If you are pregnant, a Doctor's order is required)
We are now offering Meningococcal Vaccine (MenB) to children and adults who meet the recommended CDC guidelines. See http://www.vaccineinformation.org/meningococcal for more information. Please call 816-587-5998 to reserve your dose.
Platte County Health Department will continue to offer FREE immunizations for the following:
Others, including those with private insurance, will need to receive their immunizations from their physician or other provider, effective October 1, 2012.
- Uninsured children and adolescents
- Children and adolescents who have Medicaid Plans
- Native Alaskan children and adolescents
- American Indian children and adolescents
Adult Immunizations Adult and International Travel Vaccinations, including:
- Flu shots (If you are pregnant, a doctor's order is required)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HPV (please call to reserve your dose of HPV vaccine)
- MMR (Pregnancy test may be required at additional cost of $8)
- Meningococcal-Please call to reserve your dose of MenB
- Shingles - Now available for those 50 years & over!
- Tetanus & Diphtheria
- Varicella (Pregnancy test may be required at additional cost of $8)
- Yellow Fever*-Now available in limited supply
- Anyone 60 years or over must provide a Doctor's Order in order to receive Yellow Fever Vaccination
**These travel vaccines are available at the Parkville office only. Please call ahead about all travel vaccinations so that we can order the appropriate vaccines before you visit our clinics. Also, visit CDC's website to find out exactly which vaccinations are needed for your trip.
Check out this Immunization website tailored to parents, schools, childcare facilities, healthcare professionals, and other consumers!